Because of His Grace

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Because of His Grace

Because of God's grace we are able to experience His love and truth. This is a place where we can gather to share about what God's grace is doing in our lives!

Chapter 2 Vs. 4-5

fishlicity
    fishlicity
    Admin

Chapter 2 Vs. 4-5 Empty Chapter 2 Vs. 4-5

Post by fishlicity Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:18 pm

S: This matter arose because some false believers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves. We did not give in to them for a moment, so that the truth of the gospel might be preserved for you.

O:  * The law of old was for then and had purpose
          *  But then Jesus came...we are not bound by the law
          * The Gospel is under the new covenant, not the old law
          * When we try to return to the old law, we return to bondage.
          * And Jesus came to set us free, not keep us enslaved

A:  I can sometimes be like a keeper of the law, but I have to remember that Jesus cam for the purpose of breaking the law inot what it was (works) and to bring freedom.  He has set me free... I must remember when I am tempted to sin, Jesus has set me free and if I choose to sin anyway, I am in effect saying that Jesus' sacrifice was for nothing.

P:  God, Your sacrifice is my freedom.  I no longer have to live under the law, for You have set me free.  I do not want to return to the law and return to bondage.  I want to walk in the freedom You have given.  I am Yours...

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:36 pm