Because of His Grace

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Because of His Grace

Because of God's grace we are able to experience His love and truth. This is a place where we can gather to share about what God's grace is doing in our lives!

Chapter 3 Vs. 16, 18-19

fishlicity
    fishlicity
    Admin

Chapter 3 Vs. 16, 18-19 Empty Chapter 3 Vs. 16, 18-19

Post by fishlicity Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:06 am

S: 16 The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. Scripture does not say “and to seeds,” meaning many people, but “and to your seed,”[a] meaning one person, who is Christ. 18 For if the inheritance depends on the law, then it no longer depends on the promise; but God in his grace gave it to Abraham through a promise. 19 Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angels and entrusted to a mediator.

O:* If God's promise of our inheritance in Christ had been conditional on law keeping, then it would no longer be a promise.
        * the law and promise are fundamentally different.
        *the law preceded the promise, but was needed to show man his sin.  But it was only temporary until Christ came and fulfilled the promise.

A: God poured out His grace to me by giving the promise long before He would fulfill it.  But He still gave it knowing that my sin had to be dealt with.  That amazes me! He still chose to give a promise though He knew sin would take over...But in His grace He still offered all for me.

P: Your grace is amazing.  Thank You for it.  You poured out Your grace upon me in such and amazing way.  I am so thankful.  Thank You that You kept Your promise though sin destroyed what You had planned.  You are faithful!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:29 am