Because of His Grace

Because of God's grace we are able to experience His love and truth. This is a place where we can gather to share about what God's grace is doing in our lives!

Chapter 4:8-9,11

fishlicity
    Admin

Chapter 4:8-9,11

Post by fishlicity on Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:35 pm

S: Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. But now that you know God—or rather are known by God—how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forces[[url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians 4:8-11#fen-NIV-29141a]a[/url]]? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you.

O:  * before we knew God we were slaves.
          * When we have tasted and seen how God is, how can we choose to turn away?
          * The Galatians had experienced god, but chose to walk in their own way
          * Walking in the law makes us miserable

A: I need to remember what it was like before Christ and walk joyfully in this new life I have.  I cannot get caught up in the sin that moves me away from God.  But I must choose to walk in truth.

P: God, You have rescued me and given me abundant life in You.  Thank You!  May I not take it for granted!

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:40 pm