Because of His Grace

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Because of His Grace

Because of God's grace we are able to experience His love and truth. This is a place where we can gather to share about what God's grace is doing in our lives!

Psalm 119:18, 23-24 SOAP

disciple4jesus1

Psalm 119:18, 23-24 SOAP Empty Psalm 119:18, 23-24 SOAP

Post by disciple4jesus1 Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:36 pm

S:Psalm 119:18, 23-24

[color=#ff0000]Open my eyes that I may see wondorous things from Your law, Princes also Sit and Speak against me, But Your servant meditates on Your statutes.  Your testimonies also are my delight and my counselors.  

O-When God open's our eyes we see His wondrous works
       Garbage in Garbage out...What people say can be garbage but what God's word says can push that garbage out
       Delight in God's laws...they bring true joy

A- When my eyes are opened to truth there is so much freedom and peace in my life. John 8:32 say And you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free. When others speak against me, only God's Word should I own.  A song by Casting Crowns comes to mind.  

The Voice of Truth

Oh what I would do to have, the kind of faith it takes to step out this boat I'm in
    Onto the crashing waves
    To step out of my comfort zone into the realm of the unknown where Jesus is...and He's holding out His hand
    But the waves are calling out my name and they laugh at me, reminding me of all the times I tried before and failed
    But the waves they keep on telling me time and time again...Girl, you'll never win...you'll never win

Oh what I would do to have, the kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant, with just a sling and a stone
    Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors shaking in their armor, wishing they would have the strength the stand
    But the giants calling out my name and he laughs at me, reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed.
    The giant keeps on telling me...time and time again...girl, you'll never win...you'll never win....

But the voice of truth tells me a different story, the voice of truth, says do not be afraid, and the voice of truth says this is for my glory
    out of all the voices calling out to me I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth.  

Just because people say it doesn't mean it is true.  What God says through His Word is the only truth.  So I must meditate on God's Word when my mind is filled with hurt and pain from others to remove the garbage that taints my thoughts bringing me down, discouraging me, in order to find joy and hope I must spend time in His Word and meditate to know His standards so that I might not sin against Him.  If I am pleasing God, obeying Him and in His will nothing anyone can say or do can change who I am.  They only time I must listen to others is when it is Godly counsel to help me...Psalm 1:1 Blessed is the man who walks NOT in the counsel of the ungodly.  In order to do all this we must love God's standard of living that He has given us through His Word and we must enjoy pleasing Him by obeying it! Hence...we would do it with our Whole Heart!

P-
        God help me to always find comfort in Your Word, in Your counsel! Help me always seek You for answers, for my approval, let me not receive counsel from princes who speak against me, but rather those who I know care and counsel me with Godly truths.  Please help me to always stand on Your truths in order to live my life to the full capacity You have purposed for me in obedience and joy with a clear conscience.  Amen!

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:07 am