Because of His Grace

Because of God's grace we are able to experience His love and truth. This is a place where we can gather to share about what God's grace is doing in our lives!

Psalm 119:27-28, 30 SOAP

disciple4jesus1

Psalm 119:27-28, 30 SOAP

Post by disciple4jesus1 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Psalm 119:27-28,30

Make me understand the way of Your precepts.  So shall I meditate on Your wonderful works.  My soul melts from heaviness; strengthen me according to Your Word.  I have chosen the way of truth; Your judgments I have laid before me.

O-revive...teach...strengthen...remove...grant...enlarge...God's Job!
          declare...understand...meditate...melt from heaviness...choose...lay before me...cling...run the course...my job!

A-
        Sometimes we forget that we have a part in this amazing walk with our Lord and Savior.  God promises to complete a good work in me, to never leave me or forsake me, to never give me more than I can handle.  It is my part to call on Him and then He will give me the tools and the power to do so.  It is my part to then be a doer.  I must meditate (ponder His Word) and let it change me.  I must own it and work it!  No, I can't do it on my own, but when I call on God He will not do it for me, but He will HELP me.  I must lay His judgments before me ponder them so they are hidden in my heart so I don't sin against Him.  If I call on Him genuinely, He will give me the strength I need to do what He ask even if it seems crazy...and it must be MY choice to choose His way! He won't force me!

P-
        Precious Lord Jesus, I call on You to please make me to understand the way of Your standards and the importance of living them for my life, and even when I don't understand help me to have peace and to trust You.  Help me to understand so that I may meditate and ponder all that You promise and guide me to do that I may see Your wonderful works in my life.  Help me to remember the times You've intervened and stood in the gap with me and strengthened my hand during my trials when I can't see in difficult times.  Place a heaviness about me when I am outside Your will that I may turn from my wicked ways and remain and cling to Your truths, and bring glory to Your wonderful name.  Help me to lay before me Your judgments that I may stay on the path of righteousness, with a clear conscious and be fulfilled to complete capacity You have purposed for me before the day that I was born.  I love  You Lord!  Amen!
    fishlicity
    Admin

Re: Psalm 119:27-28, 30 SOAP

Post by fishlicity on Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:39 am

SO true that it is our choice.  I think that is what has been sticking out to me the most in this study so far....that we have a choice in this....we can choose to do things God's way and be blessed or choose to do them the way we want.  I don't know why I have not learned by now that God's way is the better way!Smile

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:42 pm