Because of His Grace

Because of God's grace we are able to experience His love and truth. This is a place where we can gather to share about what God's grace is doing in our lives!

Psalm 119:34-35SOAP

disciple4jesus1

Psalm 119:34-35SOAP

Post by disciple4jesus1 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:01 pm

S- Teach me O Lord, the way of Your statutes, and I shall Keep it to the end. Give me understanding, and I shall keep Your law. Indeed I shall observe it with my whole heart. Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in it.

O-His way is learned
    Keep It--memorize It
    Keep It--Understand It
    Observe-Heart check
    Make- Pray God to instill It to the point of effectiveness
    Delight- find joy in obeying God and living out His will

A-As I read this morning, I realize that the many times we read teach, it means we must learn...God's will and His Word isn't something we already have in us. It is learned. Like learning a second language or an instrument, in order to play well we must learn how to play or speak, and we must study to understand it...then we must practice it for it to become second nature to us. The same with God's Word. Study...understanding...practice It...live it...then It will become second nature to us. We must daily and continually be reading and gleaning, memorizing and storing in our hearts. While we are learning we must observe It by doing self heart checks. Then we pray and ask God to MAKE It change us into the woman He purposed us to be and to be effective for His kingdom here on earth. This can only be done if we find joy in His Word, and find joy in obeying It.

P Lord I do pray, Your Word would speak to me in a way that convicts and encourages me that I may with Your help change my ways to be in Your will an be effective so I can be used in Your Kingdom here to help build it. Also so that I would please and glorify Your name, and that I may have peace that You desire me to have and a clean conscience fearing not what man can do, but what You can do! Amen!

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:44 pm