Because of His Grace

Because of God's grace we are able to experience His love and truth. This is a place where we can gather to share about what God's grace is doing in our lives!

VS 49-51 SOAP

disciple4jesus1

VS 49-51 SOAP

Post by disciple4jesus1 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:49 pm

S-
    Remember the Word to Your servant, upon which You have caused me to hope.
    This is my comfort in my affliction, for Your Word has given me life.
    The proud have me in great derision, yet I do not turn aside from Your law.

O-
    His promises cause me to hope
    His promises bring comfort in my affliction
    His word give me life
    In spite of the ridicule and contempt of others, I must continue to cling to God
    and His Word, His promises. If I do, these (comfort, peace, freedom, clear conscience, God confidence and more)
    are mine!

A-
    When I am being ridiculed or held in contempt by the proud, do I run away from God and ponder what my mockers say,
    or do I run to God and seek comfort, promises, peace, assurance...? I have to question myself as to who's approval am I seeking?
    My approval needs to come from God, not man who judges me with contempt and ridicule. When I cling to God, This v56,
    (comfort, peace, God confidence, freedom, a clear conscience, good conscience, joy) become mine.

P-
    Lord God, I tend to seek approval from man sometimes. I'm so thankful for this study because it is keeping me in the word,
    and accountable to You, and is encouraging me, keeping me strong, and keeping me close to You!
    Thank You for Your comfort, peace and so much more that You offer me!

Current date/time is Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:33 pm