Because of His Grace

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Because of His Grace

Because of God's grace we are able to experience His love and truth. This is a place where we can gather to share about what God's grace is doing in our lives!

VS. 67-68; 71-72 SOAP

disciple4jesus1

VS. 67-68; 71-72 SOAP Empty VS. 67-68; 71-72 SOAP

Post by disciple4jesus1 Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:43 am

S-
    Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep Your Word.
    You are good and do good, teach me Your statutes!
    It is good for me that I have been afflicted, that I may learn Your
    statutes. The law of Your mouth is better to me than
    thousands of coins of gold and silver.

O-
    Affliction sometimes is necessary to draw us back to the Lord
    Self examination is sweet when we see Godly results...James 1:1
    Affliction is good, affliction sometimes comes from God, every good and perfect thing comes from above.
    Affliction teaches.
    God's law must be sweeter to me than any material thing I could ever possess

A-
    Self-examination is important in order to have sweet victory. The Psalmist did a self-examination here and
    God revealed to him his short comings and he was drawn back to God and now pleading with God to teach
    him God's ways. His affliction was not fun, but he was grateful because it brought him back on the right path!
    The Psalmist also proclaims God's goodness. I sense that he is proclaiming the afflictions as God's doing
    to get him on the path he strayed away from! I'm reminded of a time when our church had our open mic
    to give thanks for all we were thankful for during Thanksgiving Holiday. I had thanked God for the many trials
    I went through that year. Nobody expected that and many didn't understand it, but I did...they changed me.
    Most people don't understand until they recognize God's hand in their trials. It isn't fun at the time of affliction...
    "Now no chastening seems to be joyful for they present, but painful; nevertheless,
    afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it." Hebrews 12:11
    but, it is rewarding when we are where God wants us to be...FREEING!!!! Now all affliction isn't because of sin, in this text yes!
    Sometimes affliction is because God wants to use us in others lives, or for a plan or a purpose and He knows He can use us
    because of the way we will react to it for the good of someone else. For someone's salvation, or maybe just to make us stronger
    for a plan or a purpose He has. Whatever the reason...IT IS GOOD! The Psalmist also proclaimed God's law to be better to him
    than thousands of coins gold and silver! Pleasing God must always take precedence over any treasure, pleasure or self ambition, if I'm
    going to glorify Him!

P-
    Lord thank You for the many trials in my life that have made me who I am today.
    Sometimes they didn't make sense to me, but You knew. I'm thankful that You haven't left me to myself.
    Help me to always put pleasing You over anything that could ever please me, if it is outside of Your will! Amen!

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 pm