Because of His Grace

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Because of His Grace

Because of God's grace we are able to experience His love and truth. This is a place where we can gather to share about what God's grace is doing in our lives!

SOAP VS. 155-156

fishlicity
    fishlicity
    Admin

SOAP VS. 155-156 Empty SOAP VS. 155-156

Post by fishlicity Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:45 am

S: Salvation is far from the wicked,
        for they do not seek out your decrees.
    156 Your compassion, Lord, is great;
        preserve my life according to your laws.

O:  In verse 153-156 the Psalmist is almost demanding God to do things... he tells Him to defend Him, to deliver him, and to preserve him.  What struck me was that not just anyone could do/say those things to God.  The Psalmist could because he knew HIM.  He had spent his life getting to know Him and he knew that he could be honest and real with God.  He had surrendered his life to God and knew His Word.  He didn't simply demand those things of God telling Him what to do.  He KNEW God's promises and KNEW that God had promised to do those things for him.  That is why he was able to "tell" God to do those things, because God had already promised it to him through His Word.

A:  Do I have that ability?  Am I close enough to Him that I can remind Him of His promises to me?  Have I spent the time to cultivate that relationship?  Not just anyone can "demand" things from God...but He hears those who know His law.  

P:  God, I want to have that with You.  A closeness as the Psalmist did.  He could remind You of Your promise because He knew it.  May I be as he....whom You hear because You know me well.

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:35 pm