Because of His Grace

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Because of His Grace

Because of God's grace we are able to experience His love and truth. This is a place where we can gather to share about what God's grace is doing in our lives!

2 posters

Psalm 119:1-2 SOAP

disciple4jesus1

Psalm 119:1-2 SOAP Empty Psalm 119:1-2 SOAP

Post by disciple4jesus1 Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:02 pm

Jul 06, 2015; 10:40pm disciple4jesusonline disciple4jesus Reading Psalm 1-8 soap 1-2

Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord! Blessed are those who keep His testimonies, who seek Him with the whole heart!

The word blessed means happy...happy are those who want God's will no matter how they feel, no matter their desires. Isa. 55:8-9 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts and My ways are not your ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts." God knows what is best for us, but our flesh is usually ruled by Satan and does not know what we need no matter how enticing it is. Prov. 16:9 says "a man's heart plans his ways but the Lord directs his steps." Psalm 111:10 and Prov. 1:7 says "the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." This fear of course is a respect not a trembling fear! But none of this is possible without a devoted and whole heart for the Lord. I remember a time when I was struggling with wondering why I was trying so hard to be obedient to the Lord but it was ineffective. I cried out to the Lord desperate to know why I couldn't get the results I was working for and God clearly spoke to me and said it was because I wasn't doing it with my whole heart. I had the obedience but not the heart! As I go through hard times right now, I can't do anything without 100 percent peace from the Lord...I must seek His word, His comfort, His peace, and I must have faith. I believe when we do that we are fulfilling Gal 5:18 "But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law." meaning if we truly seek God even though we may misunderstand His will for us, and may make wrong choices I believe we are not under the law, but instead have His forgiveness and He will make all things work for the good for the those who are the called and who love Him. Romans 5:28...and we will be blessed! Because what the enemy means for evil, God means for good! Genesis 50:20...

Lord, everything I do I want to be in Your will...I never want to be outside Your will...but like Paul said I do what I will not to do and do not do what I will to do. It is so hard sometimes. Help me always to fear You, seek You, call on You for every step and breath I take. Help me always to desire to glorify You that fingers can not be pointed at me and that I would always be ready to give a defense to the hope that is within me with meekness and a clear conscious...1 Peter 3:15-16 Amen!

I hope that we can encourage each other through our insights. I hope I didn't sound preachy. I love God's word and love to share with other believers and non-believers alike! Blessings my sisters... Felicity thank you for inviting us to join you in this, I am looking forward to drawing nearer to God as we draw near to Him.
    fishlicity
    fishlicity
    Admin

Psalm 119:1-2 SOAP Empty Re: Psalm 119:1-2 SOAP

Post by fishlicity Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:31 am

So very true!  When we choose to walk in the way God has laid out for us, we are choosing to trust Him no matter how we feel.  Our feelings lead us astray, but God's Word never does.  When we are diligent to know His Word and follow His precepts, we will find His peace even when we don't understand.
    disciple4jesus1

Post by disciple4jesus1 Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:14 am

bounce

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:49 am