Because of His Grace

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Because of His Grace

Because of God's grace we are able to experience His love and truth. This is a place where we can gather to share about what God's grace is doing in our lives!

3 posters

A Little About the Psalm

fishlicity
    fishlicity
    Admin

A Little About the Psalm Empty A Little About the Psalm

Post by fishlicity Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:43 am

Psalm 119 was written as an acrostic type poem (where each stanza begins with a specific letter) and it is the longest chapter in the Bible. The author is unknown, but scholars believe it to be David, Daniel, or Ezra.  

This Psalm is made up of 22 stanzas of eight verses each.  This poem is an acrostic poem because each stanza begins with a certain letter of the Hebrew alphabet.  Verses 1-8 all begin with the letter Aleph, verses 9-16 all begin with the letter Beth, and so on and so forth.  It is hard to recognize this in the English language since our alphabet system differs from that of the Hebrews.  But if you were to read this chapter in Hebrew, you would see very clearly how the stanzas correspond to the letters in the Hebrew alphabet.

This entire Psalm is written about the Word of God.  It delves deep into the intricacies of it and shows us its usefulness and importance. It is important to read this Psalm closely and to pay careful attention to all of the things being said.  There is a lot of repetition throughout, so it is easy to gloss over the text and miss the beauty and detail God is trying to convey.  Please take your time and pray for God to reveal things to you so you do not miss anything He is speaking.  

As you embark on this study, I pray that your eyes will be opened to the beauty and wonder of God's Word and that you will be able to see just how important the Word of God is.  I pray that you walk away from this study with a deeper understanding of the Bible and are able to see just how profitable it is for life and godliness.  May you be transformed by His Word as you seek to know Him more!

Because of His Grace,
    Felicity
    disciple4jesus1

A Little About the Psalm Empty Re: A Little About the Psalm

Post by disciple4jesus1 Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:16 pm

So looking forward to this ready to start!
    Elaine Engel

Post by Elaine Engel Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:07 am

Thank you Felicity for this info on Psalm 119. I don't think I know it was an acrostic poem!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:33 am