Because of His Grace

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Because of His Grace

Because of God's grace we are able to experience His love and truth. This is a place where we can gather to share about what God's grace is doing in our lives!

3 posters

SOAP VS. 125-128

fishlicity
    fishlicity
    Admin

SOAP VS. 125-128 Empty SOAP VS. 125-128

Post by fishlicity Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:45 am

S: I am your servant; give me discernment
        that I may understand your statutes.
    126 It is time for you to act, Lord;
        your law is being broken.
    127 Because I love your commands
        more than gold, more than pure gold,
    128 and because I consider all your precepts right,
        I hate every wrong path.

O: * It takes discernment to understand the Word of God.  We cannot expect it to be understood on our own strength and our own wisdom.
        * This reminds me of Paul writing in Romans about him always doing what he hates and not doing what he knows he should.
        * God's ways are what make everything else wrong....when we are seeking God and know His Word, all else should be hated.

A:  I don't always hate the wrong things...I wish I did.  But the more and more time I spend with Him, the more I want to be like Him.  Therefore, I then hate the things that draw me away from Him.  I know the way to go, but I do not always take it.  Sad

P:  God, I need Your strength and power to be able to follow in what I know is the right thing sometimes.  I do not always do what I know I should, but I want to.  I am constantly at war with myself.  But God, You have the ability to see me through every temptation.  Strengthen my resolve to be able to do what I know to do, not what I want to do.
    disciple4jesus1

SOAP VS. 125-128 Empty Re: SOAP VS. 125-128

Post by disciple4jesus1 Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:49 am

That is very honest and humble. I think we all struggle with things that we should hate but instead we involve ourselves in or turn our head but don't pray. I love that song that sings..."Break my heart for what breaks Yours" I pray it becomes truth for all of us! Have a very blessed first day of school my friend!
    Elaine Engel

Post by Elaine Engel Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:23 pm

Awesome insight. I so agree in reference to the scripture that says, "For what I am doing, I do not understand For what I will to do, that I do not practice: but what I hate that I do" Roman 7:15

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:43 am