Because of His Grace

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Because of His Grace

Because of God's grace we are able to experience His love and truth. This is a place where we can gather to share about what God's grace is doing in our lives!

2 posters

Psalm 119:9-11 SOAP

disciple4jesus1

Psalm 119:9-11 SOAP Empty Psalm 119:9-11 SOAP

Post by disciple4jesus1 Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:08 pm

S:
    v9 How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your Word. V10 With my whole heart I have sought You, Oh let me not wander from Your commandments.  V11 Your Word I have hidden in my heart.  That I might not sin against You.

O:
    How can our way be pure
    Heeding God's Word (cleanser)
    Whole Heart
    Wandering
    God's Word hidden in our hearts
    MIGHT not sin against God

A:
    The only way that I can keep pure and cleansed is by not only reading God's Word but heeding God's Word.  To me that means I need not only hear God's Word but I must DO God's Word...James 1:22 lest I deceive myself.  Again I read that I must do this with my WHOLE HEART!  As I am reading, doing, and meditating, God's Word will permeate through me and I must Hide His Word in my heart by studying, chewing, owning, BELIEVING, God's Word so that I MIGHT...meaning there will be times when I fail Him, but even then with God's Word hidden in my heart, the Holy Spirit in me who IS His Word will convict me, stir me, etc; to do what is right!...not sin against Him.   Then I will be able to live my life with a clear conscience and always ready to give a defense to the reason for the Hope within me.  1 Peter 3:13-18

P:
    Precious Lord of all, I am so thankful for the many times You've spoken to me, in circumstances, decision making, even in my rejoicing when You have reminded me that it was You in my life.  Still Lord it is those times when I didn't hear You, or I can't hear You clearly that I need to dig and dig, meditate, chew, pull out from the depths of my heart Your Word to help me stay clean and right by You.  Lord help me not to wander away.  Help me to fully give You my heart that I would not sin against You, that I would desire to always keep Your commandments.  When I can't hear You clearly, keep me safe from making decisions or acting in my flesh that I may not grieve You, misrepresent You, or be outside of Your will!  I love You my Lord.  Amen!
    fishlicity
    fishlicity
    Admin

Psalm 119:9-11 SOAP Empty Re: Psalm 119:9-11 SOAP

Post by fishlicity Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:55 am

It really is a matter of the heart.  Following "rules" for the sake of following rules will get us no where.  It is not until we take God's truth from our head to our heart that we will really be changed and live out what He has shown us.  We must "do" His Word as you have said, but not merely because we are following the rules.  We must "do" His Word because it has changed us and we want to be obedient out of love for Him!
    disciple4jesus1

Post by disciple4jesus1 Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:16 am

Amen! Hence...with our whole heart!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:46 am