Because of His Grace

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Because of His Grace

Because of God's grace we are able to experience His love and truth. This is a place where we can gather to share about what God's grace is doing in our lives!

Chapter 1 Vs. 15-17

fishlicity
    fishlicity
    Admin

Chapter 1 Vs. 15-17 Empty Chapter 1 Vs. 15-17

Post by fishlicity Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:22 pm

S: 15 But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased 16 to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being. 17 I did not go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went into Arabia. Later I returned to Damascus.

O:  * Paul is contrasting his former life (in verse 11-14) to his new life (vs. 15-17) in Christ.
          * His new life was nothing he could have done on his own...But when God!
          *  When god is included in the story, things turn out much differently than they would have otherwise.

A:  But when God!  This is my favorite part of these verses.  It shows me that God is at work and that He can change things and He is active and alive in my story.  I have to remember that God is powerful and be the change in any story.  I am in desperate need for God to show up in my life (and my family's) in an amazing way right now, so I need to make sure I am allowing Him to.  I want a "but when God" ending to my current circumstances...

P: God, I need you to show up in a huge way.  I need to hear You more than I ever have before.  I need You to change the story and make it end with "But when God" showed up, everything changed.  I am trusting You to do just that.  I need you to....

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:02 am